OTC Insights Team
Established in 1963, OTC Industrial Technologies is one of the largest industrial distributors & service providers in the United States. We're committed to seeing industrial operations advance through expert technical solutions & unmatched support using our years of experience.
With the development and opening of a new distribution center in Cincinnati, Ohio, OTC Industrial Technologies continues to drive efficiency forward for its customers, vendors, partners, and manufacturers.
The central location gives customers greater access to key inventory and an expanded portfolio. It reinforces OTC’s position as an industry leader in industrial distribution. By leveraging the latest technology and processes to streamline distribution, in addition to its market-leading expertise and services, OTC will provide increased support and efficiencies for manufacturers.
Here’s How OTC Is Driving Efficiency Forward
OTC Industrial Technologies is continually working to drive its efficiency forward. Reducing ship times, enhancing customer service, and providing easily accessible inventory are all the ways the new distribution center is benefitting customers. These improvements will give manufacturers partnering with OTC a competitive edge in a crowded marketplace, allowing them to receive their parts and products to keep their businesses running.
Expected benefits of the facility include:
- An expanded product portfolio: With the distribution center’s greater capacity, more of what manufacturers need is ready to ship. This ensures production operations have access to a greater selection of critical parts.
- Direct order fulfillment capabilities: OTC has streamlined the shipping process and distribution operations to cut down on the steps between receiving an order and the product being placed in the customer’s hands. That means less waiting and more efficiency.
- On-hand key vendor inventory: By working with key vendor partners, OTC can better anticipate customer needs to ensure adequate stock is on hand. This reduces backorders and late shipments, providing a cushion for a spike in demand.
- Additional support for e-commerce initiatives: OTC is looking to the future and how e-commerce is changing the supply chain for manufacturing. That means investing in the latest techniques and technologies now. We’re building the best practices and processes that will deliver exceptional support for manufacturers for years to come.
- Increased customer service and support: By leaning into automation and new technologies, OTC is increasing our support for manufacturers with faster, more accurate, affordable, and more reliable shipping for key products.
Looking Ahead: The Future of Industrial Distribution
The logistics services and support offered by the new distribution center are a value-add for both customers and OTC’s vendor partners.
In addition to the benefits above, OTC's customers can expect more responsive service and more resources available when they need them.
The supplier and vendor network partners at OTC will also see additional benefits. These include supply chain optimization for both inbound and outbound logistics. Streamlined shipping support and inventory management will be a key advantage of the new distribution center.
At its core, the new distribution center is another step toward enhancing the customer and vendor experience. If you have questions or want to set up an account and discuss your production needs, then contact OTC today.
Posts by Tag
- General Manufacturing
- Industrial Products Group
- Air Supply Group
- Finishing, Dispensing, and Filtration
- Pump Motor Technologies
- Power and Utility
- Food and Beverage
- Electronics Manufacturing
- heavy industrial manufacturing
- Aerospace Manufacturing
- Machine Manufacturing
- Medical and Pharmaceutical
- Oil and Gas
- Process Manufacturing
- Pulp and Paper
- Life Sciences
- OTC and Current Events
- Repair Services
- Steel Production and Processing
- Alternative Energy
- Clean Manufacturing
- Maintenance and Repair
- Utilities and Energy